On 7 September 2011 10:12, Eric Evans <eev...@acunu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Stephen Connolly
> <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6 September 2011 18:34, Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Sounds good moving to github.
>>> 1 quick question, what about JIRAs already raised w.r.t drivers? Not sure
>>> but is it possible to integrate these new projects with current JIRA flow?
>>>
>>> Planning to make these new projects based on maven build process?(As that
>>> might be helpful in case of any quick release required for any sub module).
>>
>> Ha!
>>
>> I would be genuinely surprised if that were to happen.
>>
>> I think there is a greater chance of seeing C* itself being built with
>> maven than the drivers...
>
> Really?  I see the exact opposite, (and it's probably no secret how I
> feel about Maven).

Hmmm, well here's my view, the only ones where Maven makes sense are
the JVM based drivers. Most of the JVM based ones can be simplified
down to the JDBC driver... and as Eric is the driver of the JDBC
driver and Eric's opinions on Maven are well known...

>> P.S.
>> I will wait to be asked for my opinion on how this could be addresses
>> using Maven as a build tool.
>
> Is that, "Through the use of copious amounts of XML markup, storage,
> and network bandwidth?". :)

Meh, the XML would be an order of magnitude less than the current ANT
build script.

Storage... well it depends which storage you are talking about, it
would be a choice of storage in .svn or storage in ~/.m2

Network bandwidth... only if people follow poor -SNAPSHOT strategies
and are constantly deploying -SNAPSHOTs to the remote repo....

> Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Neither could I ;-)