On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Santiago Basulto
<santiago.basu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been taking a look at Cassandra code for a while (since last
> year) and using and trying it "in home". Nowdays i've started to take
> a look at the "new stuff", more precisely to CQL. I think it's great,
> I mean, just taking a look at Eric presentation
> (http://www.datastax.com/2011/07/video-eric-evans-on-cql) makes you
> love just it.
>
> But, now i'm wondering: isn't it a one-way path? The kind you never
> returns? I mean, if the Cassandra starts to grow in complexity, and
> the datamodel extends a little bit, and everything start to grow, and
> things like "query parsing", "query execution planning", "query
> optimization" start to arise, would't it go against the first "simple,
> fast" philosophy of the beginning?

I know it's bad form to answer a question with a question, but how is
this any different than any other type of query interface?  Or to put
it another way, what is it about a query language that you find
inherently complex?

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu