On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Gary Dusbabek <gdusba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When first starting work on the CQL driver for node[1] , work was done
> on github.  After a while it was moved to apache-extras so it could be
> more uniform with the other drivers.  However, the experience on
> apache-extras is not good as collaboration is difficult.
>
> That, and because the node.js community does almost all of its work
> via github, I'd like to move the node cassandra client back to
> github[2].
>
> Any strong objections against this?

I don't have any objections, but I wonder, is there someway to salvage
the "discover-ability", and/or consistency aspects?

One option would be to make Github The Place.  I'd be cool with that,
but it means the disruption of a move, and doesn't rule out the
possibility that someone won't want to host elsewhere down the road
(say because they want to use mercurial, or svn).

Could we retain the Google Code pages as project hosting somehow,
disabling everything but the Downloads tab and adding prominent links
to Github for issue tracking?  You might even be able to leave the
source tab enabled and keep it updated as a mirror.

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu