Today, running 1.0.7, we saw a node crash with an OutOfMemory.
We have a single row with ~10million columns in it. (using it as an index)
Accidentally, we attempted to list the CF in CLI that had the wide-row.
 This caused the CLI to hang and then eventually crashed Cassandra with an
OoM.

I know this is a case of "If it hurts when you do that, don't do that", but
we may want to better protect against it in the CLI and/or the DB.  I know
we limit row counts on lists in CLI.  Do we also limit column counts?  If
not, I don't mind submitting a patch for this.

let me know,
brian

--
Brian ONeill