The question just as easily be asked, why not rewrite it in Erlang ?  Probably
lots of advantages to be gained there, the ability to upgrade on the fly,
native message passing, functional programming  paradigm ?

But as Brandon says, you would be throwing away so much work, would it be worth
it ?

Andy