This is what I expected as an answer, that effort just fully destroying any benefits. All what I can hear is just better not touch stuff which works and find improvements different way. Change (algorithms/caching/...) where I agree, and seems like bottleneck will be FS I/O or network delays.

Just want to thank you for all answers on my question.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Eric Evans" <eev...@sym-link.com>
To: dev@cassandra.apache.org; "Roman Vasilyev" <rvasil...@netflix.com>
Sent: 12/19/2013 1:47:03 PM
Subject: Re: C* engine

[ Roman Vasilyev ]
 Don't want to rise "holy war". Just let me share my crazy thoughts.
 I believe it could improve Cassandra speed and robustness.

That's an awfully large reset button you want to press, presumably the
benefits will justify the enormity of effort? What are we talking
here, 10x improvement? 100x improvement? More?

 What people will say if I propose to have Cassandra engine written
 in C/C++, and this engine will give you ability to run extensions in
 Java, Groovy and bunch other languages like Perl/Python/Ruby?

No one can stop you from working on this; Good luck

P.S. Please subscribe to the list (dev-subsrc...@cassandra.apache.org)

--
Eric Evans
eev...@sym-link.com