Hello Cassandra Devs,

First of all, forgive me if I break some mailing-list rules, this is the first
time I’m actually writing to an open source project in this manner.

We’re interested in using the SS Tables implementation of Cassandra for fast
and efficient memory mapped / in-memory data access with generic keys and
values. The reason is, that we couldn’t find any other native Java
implementation. Sadly, the current code is tightly interwoven with the rest of
Cassandra which makes it very hard to split it apart from the rest of the
project.

Do you guys have some pointers on how we could achieve this?
What classes do we need (currently I’m thinking the complete io pacakge)?
How do we separate the whole Cassandra overhead like CFMetaData and stuff like
CellName?

My current implementation looks like this:
https://gist.github.com/kroeber/6170be56fcbbdfb9861e
<https://gist.github.com/kroeber/6170be56fcbbdfb9861e>
Sadly this doesn’t work and fails with the exception I’ve posted in comment to
that gist.

Any pointers would be very helpful! Thanks for your engagement!

~Karl