The Apache Cassandra project has always left development of its drivers up to
the community.  The DataStax Java Driver is not part of the Apache Cassandra
project, it is an open source project created by DataStax.  You can find a
large list of drivers for Cassandra here:
https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientOptions some of them developed by
DataStax, some developed by Netflix, and many others.

-Jeremiah