Hi all,

One of the problems I been thinking about for quite a while is how to
improve the efficacy of cassandra's gossip, especially when dealing with
large clusters (greater than 1,000 nodes). By reducing gossip overhead we
can implement new features that require data to be disseminated
cluster-wide and we can support those features to thousands of nodes. To
that end, I've done much research and thinking, and have opened up
CASSANDRA-12345 as a parent ticket for this work. I'd like to invite the
community to discuss the ideas, the approach, and hopefully dig into the
implementations that I've posted in the child tickets.

Thanks,

-Jason