Russel, I don't read that out of Chris' answer.
He just tried to show how community development might look like if done a bit
more openly.

Do you mind going back to Chris' original reply and re-read it again?
I've not interpreted it as anyone trying to make you look bad. Au contraire!

txs and LieGrue,
strub