Hi,

I do like Sylvain's proposal too.
And, from a user perspective, I agree with Kurt that having (at least) 2
"bug fixing only" branches instead of 1 would be great.

De :    kurt Greaves <k...@instaclustr.com>
A :     dev@cassandra.apache.org,
Date :  19/11/2016 07:42
Objet : Re: Proposals for releases - 4.0 and beyond

Option 3 seems the most reasonable and the clearest from a user
perspective. The main thing I'd be concerned about with a 6 month cycle
would be how short a branch is supported for. Most users will be bound to
specific release for at least 2 years, and we still find bugs in 2.1 2
years since release. The only adjustment I would make would be to support
branches for 1.5 - 2 years before EOL.