To be able to downgrade we should be able to pin both commitlog and sstables
versions, e.g. -Dcassandra.commitlog_version=3 -Dcassandra.sstable_version=jb
That would be awesome because it would decorrelate binaries version and data
version. Upgrades would be much less risky so I guess that adoption of new C*
versions would increase.
Best,
Romain