So, far I do not have any sucess in trying to reproduce the problem.
I created a 3 node clusters using 3.9  with ccm and used CQLSH to reproduce
the problem but I only got back one row:

cqlsh> create KEYSPACE test WITH replication = {'class': 'SimpleStrategy',
'replication_factor': 3};
cqlsh> use test;
cqlsh:test> create table demo (id text, id2 bigint static, added timestamp,
source
        ... text static, dest text, primary key (id, added));
cqlsh:test> create index on demo (id2);
cqlsh:test> insert into demo (id, id2, added, source, dest) values ('id1',
22,
        ... '2017-01-28', 'src1', 'dst1');
cqlsh:test> select * from demo where id2=22;

 id  | added                           | id2 | source | dest
 id1 | 2017-01-27 23:00:00.000000+0000 |  22 |   src1 | dst1

(1 rows)
cqlsh:test>

Did you use CQLSH to reproduce the problem or another client?

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Benjamin Lerer <benjamin.le...@datastax.com