Ugh... Let's put a few facts out in the open before we start pushing to
move back to the wiki.

First off, take a look at CASSANDRA-8700.  There's plenty of reasoning for
why the docs are now located in tree.  The TL;DR is:

1. Nobody used the wiki.  Like, ever.  A handful of edits per year.
2. Docs in the wiki were out of sync w/ cassandra.  Trying to outline the
difference in implementations w/ nuanced behavior was difficult /
impossible.  With in-tree, you just check the docs that come w/ the version
you installed.  And you get them locally.  Huzzah!
3. The in-tree docs are a million times better quality than the wiki *ever*
was.

I urge you to try giving the in-tree docs a chance.  It may not be the way
*you* want it but I have to point out that they're the best we've seen in
Cassandra world.  Making them prettier won't help anything.

I do agree that the process needs to be a bit smoother for people to add
stuff to the in tree side.  For instance, maybe for every features that's
written we start creating a corresponding JIRA for the documentation.  Not
every developer wants to write docs, and that's fair.  The accompanying
JIRA would serve as a way for 2 or more people to collaborate on the
feature & the docs in tandem.  It may also be beneficial to use the dev-ml
to say "hey, i'm working on feature X, anyone want to help me write the
docs for it?  check out CASSANDRA-XYZ"

Part of CASSANDRA-8700 was to shut down the wiki.  I still advocate for
this. At the very minimum we should make it read only with a big notice
that points people to the in-tree docs.