There's recently been a discussion about the wiki and how we should
continue to work on the documentation in general. One of my suggestions
was to start giving users a clearer guideline how they are able to
contribute to our documentation, before having a technical discussion
around tools and wikis again.

I've now created a first version on such a guide that can be found here:
https://github.com/spodkowinski/cassandra/blob/docs_gettingstarted/doc/source/development/documentation.rst

As you can see there's a large part about using GitHub for editing on
the page. I'd like to know what you think about that and if you'd agree
to accept PRs for such purposes.

I'd also like to add another section for committers that describes the
required steps to actually publish the latest trunk to our website. I
know that svn has been mentioned somewhere, but I would appreciate if
someone either adds that section or just shares some details in this thread.

Cheers!