triggers

On 10/01/2017 11:25 AM, Jeff Jirsa wrote:
Historical examples are anything that you wouldn’t bet your job on for the
first release:

Udf/uda in 2.2
Incremental repair - would have yanked the flag following 9143
SASI - probably still experimental
Counters - all sorts of correctness issues originally, no longer true since the
rewrite in 2.1
Vnodes - or at least shuffle
CDC - is the API going to change or is it good as-is?
CQL - we’re on v3, what’s that say about v1?

Basically anything where we can’t definitively say “this feature is going to
work for you, build your product on it” because companies around the world are
trying to make that determination on their own, and they don’t have the same
insight that the active committers have.

The transition out we could define as a fixed number of releases or a dev@
vote, I don’t think you’ll find something that applies to all experimental
features, so being flexible is probably the best bet there