At the risk of sounding redundant it sounds like for MVs at this point we want
to preserve current functionality for existing users.  We would have a flag in
the yaml to disable it by default for new MV creation with an error message. In
addition we want a warning in the log and in cqlsh upon creation and usage even
with it enabled.  We could be very explicit with a message to the user list and
a clear NEWS item and upgrade note.

For SASI, it seems like a similar pattern could be used.

For either or both of these features, a Jira epic could be created to make a
path to making it a full-fledged non-experimental feature.  That could include
a ticket for realistic testing within the boundaries of the target use cases -
that way people can point to what testing has been done and what the target use
cases were.  An epic and test ticket would give people a pathway to make it no
longer experimental so it isn’t lingering halfway in the codebase indefinitely
and for interested parties something to contribute towards.  Granted if issues
are found, they’d need to be added to the epic.