Hi everyone,

Currently, 3.11 supports V5 as a protocol version. However, all new
features are now going to 4.0, which is going to be a new feature release.

Right now we have two v5 features:

   - CASSANDRA-10786 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-10786>
   - CASSANDRA-12838 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12838>

#12838 is adding duration type, which is a nice addition. #10786 is also
useful, but is more of an edge cases for users with huge clusters and/or
frequent schema changes.

If we leave v5 in 3.11, we'll have to always backport all v5 features to
3.11. This is something that hasn't been done in #10786. So the question
is: are we ready to commit and support v5 in 3.11 "forever", or should we
stop until it went too far and remove v5 from 3.11 since it's still in beta
there.

Looking forward to hear your opinion,

--
Alex Petrov