Hi Jon,

Thank you for actioning this!

The only trivial things that come to mind for me is to do with
documentation:

   - The README <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cassandra/site/README> file
   with the instructions to build the site points to SVN
   - The website Publication page
   <http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/development/documentation.html>
   and its source file

<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cassandra/site/src/doc/4.0/_sources/development/documentation.rst.txt?view=markup>
which
   point devs to the README file in SVN.

If we intend to keep SVN up for a while, I think it should be fine to move
the website over to the new Git repo. After the change over we could then
update the README file and website link. I am happy to make these changes
after we cut over to the Git repo.

Cheers,
Anthony