> Seems like the intersection of this is: "Lazy consensus is simply an
> announcement of 'silence gives assent.'" with a caveat of "you have N hours
> to dissent before we take silence as assent" when you're unsure or a topic
> is contentious, which tracks with what I've seen kind of informally happen
> on the project in the past 5.5 years.

Agree Joshua, the project has already 'silence as assent' and lazy consensus as
part of its culture. It's useful when reasonably confident of a change but
still hesitant and it is safer to at least mention it on the dev ML, eg "i'm
going to do this in a few days unless anyone objects…"   It is a complex enough
project.