I cloned the empty cassandra-website git repo, and I'm running:

svn2git http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/site --rootistrunk --no-minimize-url

..to see what I get. An svn checkout of the above url says it's only 69M, so I suppose it's pulling all history of all time for all projects?

I'll let this roll for a while I run an errand and report back!

Michael