Hi everyone,

In order to catch up on what's happening here, here's the establishing
thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/aa54420a43671c00392978f2b0920bc6926ca9ba1e61a486ad39fb21%40%3Cdev.cassandra.apache.org%3E

Key points that Scott Andreas proposed in the initial email was

Motivation for such a meeting
1. We currently have Slack, JIRA and emails however an agenda driven video
meeting can help facilitate alignment within the community.
2. This will give an opportunity to the community to summarize past
progress and talk about future tasks.
3. Agenda notes can serve as newsletters for the community.

To that, I humbly offer my services as a community organizer to help with
the logistics and setup. I'm happy to say this is finally happening and I
apologize this has taken so long. I saw some of the examples mentioned in
the original thread for other open source projects and I "borrowed" heavily
from them.

I created a page in the Cassandra Confluence page to hopefully centralize
both logistics and records of each call. You can fine it here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Apache+Cassandra+Contributor+Meeting

The meetings are on Zoom and set to be wide open. Anyone can join via
computer or phone. I'm using a tier that allows for 100 participants. If we
need more, I can change the type of meeting but it's more of a pain for
logistics. We can try this and see how it goes. Once the meeting starts
I'll hit record, I'll post the video on YouTube and add the link to the
notes. All meeting notes for each agenda items can live in the doc above
and remain as a permanent record. After the meeting, I'll send the notes
link to the dev list as a reminder that it happened to anyone subscribed.

If you have agenda items, please edit the Confluence page and add your name
and what you would like discussed.

My contribution here is as an organizer. Please feel free to email or Slack
if you need anything. Most important, a video meet is an alpha product and
we'll learn a lot from the first time trying. I'll try to keep note of
things to improve in the doc.

See you there,

Patrick