Another thing worth mentioning is the overhead with providing, setting up, and
managing infrastructure. While donations of servers/VM’s works to some extent,
it’s a somewhat archaic donation policy – and this whole structure of CI gives
both the ASF and the C* project very limited choices. From my perspective it
would be much more suitable for the C* project to receive financial or credit
based donations, on which we could utilise against whatever CI/CD we desired.
This would open up modern options for CI and not limit us to just ASF-ran
Jenkins. I’m sure this would be much more suitable for many smaller
organisations, with possible tax benefits as well, rather than providing
infrastructure (which lets face it, is rarely bare metal servers these days)
that they have to maintain.

For example, It’d be ideal if there was a C* CircleCI account (or deployment)
that the project could use that could be funded by the community, rather than
the big backers being the only ones able to run the tests effectively (and thus
everyone relying on them paying for and doing it for them).

On 2020/02/02 21:51:54, Nate McCall <zznat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> The board is looking for feedback on CI infrastructure. I'm happy to take
> some (constructive) comments back. (Shuler, Mick and David Capwell
> specifically as folks who've most recently wrestled with this a fair bit).
>
> Thanks,
> -Nate

Sent from Mail for Windows 10