Sidecar discussions so far have been on the dev list, CEP-1[1], JIRA[2],
and seem to be working at its current volume. All the work is currently
tracked under 'sidecar' component in Apache Cassandra jira[2].

So with this context and the low volume, I am +1 on Jon's approach.

[1]: CEP-1 -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=95652224
[2]: Sidecar componet -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CASSANDRA%20AND%20component%20%3D%20Sidecar