The Cassandra release process has had some improvements to better in
line with the ASF guidelines: sha256 & sha512 checksums, staged
artefacts in svnpubsub, dep and rpm repositories complete and signed
in staging, and separate scripts and manual steps merged together.

The updated documentation for cutting, voting, and publishing a
release is found here:
https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/development/release_process.html

I am hoping to get as many Committers* and PMC members interested as
possible for cutting a future release.

Who is interested? How many names can I get :-)

The more that are interested then the easier it is to take turns and
be flexible depending on our own availability each time. I will help
out everyone on their first run. Indeed most of my motivation in
getting involved with the release process was to make it all as simple
and as forgettable as possible, so the role of the role manager can
change easily from release to release.

*When a Committer cuts a release, a PMC member has to perform the very
last post-vote publish step.

regards,
Mick