After discussing with a few stakeholders it sounds like folks agree that
optimizing dtest speed is a worthy endeavor. What is less clear are
concrete things that should be done. Since a brainstorming session failed
to materialize on CASSANDRA-13701, we thought it would make sense to start
with an open analysis.

A ticket[1] has been created for analysis and further follow-up. We welcome
any concrete ideas people already have in mind.

Kind regards,
Adam Holmberg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16079

--