I agree we should start considering branching 4.0 and unfreezing soon, but
before I think we should:
- Close the loop on the agreed points of the "releases after 4.0" [1] and
"project roadmap" [2] threads and document the new release guidelines
post-4.0 so we have a good starting point.
- Revisit the previous discussions on unfreezing 4.0 and address any
remaining concerns that may still be open.

Looking forward to this exciting milestone!

[1] -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-dev/202101.mbox/%3ccabxe4tqrft9yn9tscd0jcs4qxe4vfeezqqtkbcw16d+3rgg...@mail.gmail.com%3e
[2] -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-dev/202103.mbox/%3c050276ba-d9da-40a9-9eb3-c0087b45b...@apache.org%3e