Hi,

I wanted to call attention to the fact that while we removed Windows
support on CASSANDRA-16171 [1], we haven't added instructions on how to run
Cassandra on Windows with docker/WSL
for those users that potentially relied on Windows support.
(CASSANDRA-16173[2], CASSANDRA-15887[3]).

While we probably shouldn't block GA on this I think we should at least
mention in the installation guide[4] that native Windows support was
dropped on 4.0 for those that relied on this. This can be done
independently from the official artifacts since it's a separate repository.

To close the loop on this if there are no objections I will send an email
to the user list requesting volunteers to write the Windows instructions or
donate resources to provide official windows support if there's interest.

Cheers,

Paulo

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16171
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16173