-1 (non-binding)

I hate that I need to voice this opinion, as I think this is a wonderful
milestone for the project to reach from a technical perspective and it is
truly ready for it from that perspective.

However given the issues listed by Mick that need to be resolved I don't
think this release truly qualifies as a release candidate (we won't pick
this sha / release as GA... so how could it be a real release candidate).

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but a RC is something that could be a
GA release and due to the outstanding issues we don't meet that criteria.
Irrespective of how those issues get resolved.

Even though these issues are not technical and don't represent the
readiness of 4.0 from an implementation perspective, we owe it to the
broader community to resolve these (as we all say community > code).