+1 to this being a serious bug. As a large user, if we used internal
passwords, this would completely prevent me from using Cassandra native
audit log capabilities. Disabling DCL is not a great option, as DCL is
probably the most needed auditable event.

If this is on by default (not sure of default settings) I also assume this
would be classified as an immediate CVE... Right? I don't directly
contribute, so I can't talk too much, but I can't see how 4.0.0 could go GA
with this.