> > None of those logos match the one used on the web site where Apache is in a
> > different font and Cassandra is in a different font and in capitals. Is the
> > logo on the website  now the preferred logo? Is there a version with black
> > text? If so any chance it could be uploaded to apache.org/logos?
>
> For what it's worth the page at www.apache.org features three projects every
> hour.
>
> The logo used is the one the project registers at www.apache.org/logos/

This will get resolved by 4.0 GA

The website changes are still in progress and are getting tackled
under CASSANDRA-16115. The folk there will be able to give better
answers, if you would like to get involved there. Otherwise I have
kept them up to date.

Given the redesign and a few logo variants to choose from, it will be
worth asking the PMC what we would like as the primary logo used in
other such places (which I presume is the first logo listed?)