I've repeatedly explained why I'm unhappy: instead of starting with a
discussion of what API and tradeoffs we should make to get that, this CEP
starts with a protocol and asks us to figure out what API we can build with
it.

Of course by API I mean, what kinds of CQL and SQL operations we can
perform, with what kinds of ACID semantics and what kinds of performance,
not "Result perform(Transaction transaction)".  And it's not simply SQL
syntax, either.  I realize that this could sound a little vague, but that's
why I gave an example of the kind of analysis I'm talking about in my first
reply.  Your responses have been to attempt to avoid the discussion
entirely ("the relevant goals are [mine]") or to declare it to be out of
scope.

The CEP process is intended to help get to alignment across the community
of PMC members, committers, and contributors on goals and outcomes before
starting in writing code, not simply to bless a completed design.  That's
why we're going in circles here.