Hey,

there are two points we are not completely sure about.

The first one is streaming. If there is a cluster of 5 nodes, each
node has its own unique encryption key. Hence, if a SSTable is stored
on a disk with the key for node 1 and this is streamed to node 2 -
which has a different key - it would not be able to decrypt that. Our
idea is to actually send data over the wire _decrypted_ however it
would be still secure if internode communication is done via TLS. Is
this approach good with you?

The second question is about key rotation. If an operator needs to
roll the key because it was compromised or there is some policy around
that, we should be able to provide some way to rotate it. Our idea is
to write a tool (either a subcommand of nodetool (rewritesstables)
command or a completely standalone one in tools) which would take the
first, original key, the second, new key and dir with sstables as
input and it would literally took the data and it would rewrite it to
the second set of sstables which would be encrypted with the second
key. What do you think about this?

Regards