I have been looking at  CqlParser.g4 file for cql3  and have a question
about assignment tuples.  The assignment tuple is defined as :

assignmentTuple
   : syntaxBracketLr (
         constant ((syntaxComma constant)* | (syntaxComma assignmentTuple)*) |
         assignmentTuple (syntaxComma assignmentTuple)*
     ) syntaxBracketRr
   ;

which I read to be ( constant [, constant | tuple ... ]) or ( tuple [,
tuple...]) .  So the construct ((4 ,5 ), 6, (7, 8)) is not a legal tuple.2
questions:

   1.  Is my interpretation of the grammar correct?
   2. Is my example tuple supposed to be allowed?

Claude

--

[image: Instaclustr logo]

*Claude Warren*