Re: 17738 - the ticket was about any new properties which are actually not
of the new types. It had to guarantee that there is no disconnect between
updating Settings Virtual Table after startup and JMX setters/getters. (In
one of its “brother” tickets the issues we found exist since 4.0) I bring
it up as we need to ensure configuration parameters update the original
Config parameters from JMX if we want Settings Virtual Table to be properly
updated after startup and thus cut the confusion for the users. This is
actually a goal for this VT stated also in our Docs and the original ticket.
Raising the point again as while we still have both VT and JMX we need to
be sure we provide consistent information for our users. I will put also a
note in the Config docs to stress on this and remind people.
Probably when we add the update option for the Settings Virtual Table in
the next version we will need to think of better way to keep this in sync
or even start deprecating JMX but for now this is what we have in place and
we need to maintain it.

Thank you Josh for the report, it is always valuable!

About flaky tests - in my personal opinion it is more about what
outstanding flaky tests we have then how many. We can have 3 which surface
legit bugs, we can have 10 presenting only timeouts which are due to
environmental issues. These days I see Circle CI green all the time which
is really promising as many of our legit bugs were discovered there. With
that said, I guess we can just revise on a regular basis what exactly are
the last flakes and not numbers which also change quickly up and down with
the first change in the Infra.