Ticket for reference: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-17896

Context: "We should expose a system env (-D) param to advanced operators to
have the ability to specify the replace_addresses_token to be used during host
replacement in cases where Gossip gets into a bad state."

My question for the dev list: *should* we expose this parameter and
functionality even if it's heavily documented as being highly unsafe and a big
foot gun? Clusters can get into states where you effectively can't bootstrap a
replacement without nuking it and starting over and manually intervening /
twiddling with peers tables, which this allows us to work around a bit more
gracefully as operators, but if you do this the wrong way it opens up a world
of hurt.

Given CEP-21 is on the horizon
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/CEP-21%3A+Transactional+Cluster+Metadata)
 I'm leaning towards closing this out as Won't Fix but leaving the branch
linked in the event someone runs into this and wants to hotfix it into a local
build or something; I'm assuming CEP-21 will land before the next major which
would make this redundant.

What does everyone else think?

~Josh