No, that is not the normal process. What is it you think you would be
reviewing? There are no diffs produced as part of rebasing, and the purpose of
review is to ensure code meets out standards, not that the committer is
competent at rebasing or squashing. Nor are you familiar with the code as it
was originally reviewed, so would have nothing to compare against. We expect a
clean CI run, ordinarily, not an additional round of review. If we were to
expect that, it would be by the original reviewer, not a third party, as they
are the only ones able to judge the rebase efficiently.

I would support investigating tooling to support reviewing rebases. I’m sure
such tools and processes exist. But, we don’t have them today and it is not a
normal part of the review process. If you want to modify, clarify or otherwise
stipulate new standards or processes, I suggest a separate thread.

> How will the existing tickets make it clear when and where their final merge
> happened?

By setting the release version and source control fields.