Hi,

We shouldn't release just for releases sake. Are there enough new features and
are they working well enough (quality!).

The big feature from our perspective for 5.0 is ACCORD (CEP-15) and I would
advocate to delay until this has sufficient quality to be in production.

Just because something is released doesn't mean anyone is gonna use it. To add
some operator perspective: Every time there is a new release we need to decide
1) are we supporting it
2) which other release can we deprecate

and potentially migrate people - which is also a tough sell if there are no
significant features and/or breaking changes.  So from my perspective less
frequent releases are better - after all we haven't gotten around to support
4.1 🙂

The 5.0 release is also coupled with deprecating  3.11 which is what a
significant amount of people are using - given 4.1 took longer I am not sure
how many people are assuming that 5 will be delayed and haven't made plans
(OpenJDK support for 8 is longer than Java 17 🙂) . So being a bit more
deliberate with releasing 5.0 and having a longer beta phase are all things we
should consider.

My 2cts,
German