To me, as this is an open source project, we, the community, do not have to
do anything, we can, but we are not obliged to, and we usually do that
because we want to :-)

To me, EOL means that we move focus to newer releases. Not that we are
forbidden to do anything in the older ones. One formal point though is the
machinery - as long as we have the machinery to test and release, that's
all we need. However, in face of coming changes in testing, I suppose some
extra effort will have to be done to support older versions. Finding people
who want to help out with that could be a kind of validation whether that
effort is justified.

btw. We have recently agreed to keep support for M sstables format (3.0 -
3.11).

thanks,
Jacek Lewandowski

czw., 13 kwi 2023 o 21:59 Mick Semb Wever <m...@apache.org> napisaƂ(a):