> have subsequently been deprecated since 4.1-alpha in CASSANDRA-17195 when
> they were replaced/migrated to guardrails as part of CEP-3 (Guardrails).
Have we been dropping support entirely for old params or using the @Replaces
annotation into perpetuity?

I dislike the idea of operators having to remember to update things between
versions and being surprised when things change roughly equally to us carrying
along undocumented deprecated param name mapping roughly equally. :)