+1 (nb)Accepting this donation would mark a huge milestone for the project.On Oct 3, 2023, at 4:25 AM, Josh McKenzie <jmcken...@apache.org>
wrote:I see now this will likely be instead apache/cassandra-java-driverI was wondering about that. apache/java-driver seemed pretty broad.
:)From the linked page:Check that all active committers have a signed CLA on record. TODO – attach listI've been part of these discussions and
work so am familiar with the status of it (as well as guidance and clearance from the foundation re: folks we couldn't reach) - but might be
worthwhile to link to the sheet or perhaps instead provide a summary of the 49 java contributors, their CLA signing status, attempts to reach
out, etc for other PMC members that weren't actively involved back when we were working through it.As for my vote: +1Thanks everyone for the hard
work getting to this point. This really is a significant contribution to the project.On Tue, Oct 3, 2023, at 6:48 AM, Brandon Williams
wrote:+1Kind Regards,BrandonOn Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 11:53 PM Mick Semb Wever <m...@apache.org> wrote:>> The donation of the
java-driver is ready for its IP Clearance vote.> https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/cassandra-java-driver.html>> The SGA has been
sent to the ASF.  This does not require acknowledgement before the vote.>> Once the vote passes, and the SGA has been filed by the ASF
Secretary, we will request ASF Infra to move the datastax/java-driver as-is to apache/java-driver>> This means all branches and tags, with
all their history, will be kept.  A cleaning effort has already cleaned up anything deemed not needed.>> Background for the donation is
found in CEP-8: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/CEP-8%3A+DataStax+Drivers+Donation>> PMC members, please take note of
(and check) the IP Clearance requirements when voting.>> The vote will be open for 72 hours (or longer). Votes by PMC members are
considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and no -1's.>> regards,> Mick