+1, we definitely need to start releasing jars, and preferrably doing it with
some reasonable cadence / on demand.

There is a slight problem with the fact we can not cut releases without votes,
which, combined with the fact that we need sha-stable snapshots, makes it
tricky. Best way to do this so far I could come up with is to just add short
SHA as a snapshot prefix. This way no-one will override it by accident at least.

Meanwhile, since it'll take a bit of time to set everything up, there is a
quick and easy way to do this, which is essentially what we do in Harry, if
anyone needs this urgently:

if [ -z "${CASSANDRA_REPO}" ]; then
    CASSANDRA_REPO="g...@github.com:apache/cassandra.git"
fi

git clone -b trunk ${CLONE_REPO} cassandra

cd cassandra
./build-shaded-dtest-jar.sh

Script will also output the version it installs to local maven.