From: Dinesh Joshi <djo...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2024 11:18 AM
To: dev@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: CASSANDRA-19268: Improve Cassandra compression performance using
hardware accelerators

Shylaja,

Cassandra uses ZStd, LZ4 and other compression libraries via JNI to compress
data. The intel hardware accelerator support is integrated into those libraries
and we can benefit from it. If there are special parameters that need to be
passed in to these libraries we can make those changes on the database but as
such Cassandra does not directly implement the compression algorithms itself.

Dinesh