+1 nb.  I too see these tools (bulk analytics and scc) as complementary as has
been said.  SCC also does some nice things to support Spark Streaming that I
don't think are addressed by the bulk analytics subproject today.

Regarding dsbulk, I think that's another thread but it's something we're
looking at as well.  It has a lower barrier to entry for sure, but it doesn't
plug into the full Spark ecosystem for those that need it.