On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 8:48 AM Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> if it’s unmaintained, let’s remove it before we’re doing it on fire.

+1

Fire drills are never pleasant.

CLI parsing isn't a huge area of personal interest to me. However, it
presents a non-trivial attack surface as input processing is a ripe target
for vulnerabilities. I don't know if there are vulnerabilities lying around
in hiding but if / when they are reported we will need to address them
outside of the library or migrate to a maintained library at that time.
Neither option is very appealing at that point. So I am of the opinion we
should transition to a maintained library with healthy community support.
Both picocli and commons-cli have good adoption and community around them.