> I do not agree we should remove isDebugEnabled tests, as debug logging
> should be possible to turn off and avoid any penalty.

if (logger.isDebugEnabled())
    logger.debug("hello")

is performance-wise same as doing

logger.debug("hello")

we already went through this, the latter version internally checks what
level it is on so us wrapping it in additional "if" does not make any
difference.

The only reasonable use-case I see to justify the wrapping into
isDebugEnabled() is if the subsequent logger.debug logs something which
takes considerable time / memory to construct.