Maybe this helps?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rasmus Praestholm
Date: Wed, May 14, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Subject: Fwd: Mike Kienenberger started a conversation with you:
"Jenkins polling git"

[...]

Maybe I'm missing some info, but using Git instead of SVN should be a
piece of cake simply with the plain Git (rather than GitHub) plugin
installed:

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Plugin

We actually used standard Git polling for the Terasology builds for a
while before switching to push notifications from GitHub. Easy easy
:-)

[...]

Is the Git repo in good shape now or still in need of more trimming /
etc ? From what I'm reading the GitHub front is just a mirror of an
Apache hosted Git ? Which may still be connected to SVN