> On May 24, 2016, at 1:59 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <a...@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> I agree. Ideally the modules should be able to discover each other without
> configuration. For example if you drop in both cayenne-rop and
> cayenne-rop-proto into the project, then protostuff should automatically be
> used without explicit configuration. Here's an example from Jersey as how
> they do this:
>
> https://jersey.java.net/documentation/latest/deployment.html#deployment.autodiscoverable

Yep. Same as Bootique:
http://bootique.io/docs/0/bootique-docs/index.html#programming-module-providers
. This is a standard Java auto-discovery mechanism based on JDK ServiceLoader.
I had a few offline conversations about introducing it in Cayenne. Need to
bring them online. FWIW this task is independent from the ROP work and affects
many other modules.

Andrus