> Is there a way to run the CMS locally to see what your change will look
> like in advance or is it commit+pray?

I used to be able to run it locally in the past. IIRC it took a while to setup.
There are instructions here [1].

> It looks like I'll need to modify skeleton.html and master.css, which
> aren't as simple as editing Markdown.

Judging from your commits from yesterday, you've already figured out how to use
the staging environment [2] :) IMO that's an easier option than setting up Perl
environment locally.

Andrus

[1] https://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#faq-cms-command-line-build-tools
[2] https://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#staging