Not so much of a connector issue, but more of a conceptual limitation.
Relational backend is implied across the stack, from mapping (FKs, joins) to
query translation. I know EOF of the olden times had an LDAP adapter, and there
are JPA engines for NoSQL DBs, but all appear to be really leaky abstractions.

If we are to dig in this direction, we will need to start with a model of
"universal mapping".

Andrus